Re: Codd article really that hard to get?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:10:01 -0500

"Amund Trovåg"
<amundAndHereEndethMyName_at_removeINOLIKESPAMYOUSEEtexassibir.com> wrote in message news:3FD84132.3010905_at_removeINOLIKESPAMYOUSEEtexassibir.com...

> Jerry Gitomer wrote:
> > Amund Trovåg wrote:
> >
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I am a student looking for Codd's '72 article Relational Completeness
> >> in Data Base Sublanguages. My university library says that they are
> >> unable to order it from anywhere in the world(!)...umm there's got to
> >> be a mistake here. Isn't this article supposed to be read by the
> >> entire DB community? Where is it :)
> >>
> >> Any ideas appreciated.
> >>
> >> AT
> >>

> > Learn to use Google and you will come to the following:
> >
> > [Codd1972b]
> > Codd, E.F. Relational Completeness of Data Base Sublanguages in
> > Data Base Systems. pp. 65-98 in Rustin, Randall J.(ed.). Data Base
> > Systems. Courant Computer Symposia Series, vol. 6. Prentice-Hall
> > (Englewood Cliffs, NJ: 1972).
> >
> Yes, yes. It has also been republished (that's why I got confused). But
> as you can see, I have already posted a sorry for posting post, 6 hours
> before your patronizing little note. I made the same conclusions as you
> did with your madskillz using google 6 hours ago. Do you then think I
> need this info? No? Then what is natural to do? Yes. Yes, exactly.

Armund,

It frequently takes hours or even days before a usenet post becomes visible to all readers. It makes little sense to get pissed off at someone for answering your question and for suggesting an alternate technique to get more timely answers.

If you do not want patronizing little notes, make sure you rtfm and google before asking for anyone else's help.

Regards,
Bob Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 18:10:01 CET

Original text of this message