Re: Codd article really that hard to get?

From: Amund Trovåg <>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:04:34 +0100

Jerry Gitomer wrote:
> Amund Trovåg wrote:

>> Hi.
>> I am a student looking for Codd's '72 article Relational Completeness
>> in Data Base Sublanguages. My university library says that they are
>> unable to order it from anywhere in the world(!)...umm there's got to
>> be a mistake here. Isn't this article supposed to be read by the
>> entire DB community? Where is it :)
>> Any ideas appreciated.
>> AT

> Learn to use Google and you will come to the following:
> [Codd1972b]
> Codd, E.F. Relational Completeness of Data Base Sublanguages in
> Data Base Systems. pp. 65-98 in Rustin, Randall J.(ed.). Data Base
> Systems. Courant Computer Symposia Series, vol. 6. Prentice-Hall
> (Englewood Cliffs, NJ: 1972).
Yes, yes. It has also been republished (that's why I got confused). But as you can see, I have already posted a sorry for posting post, 6 hours before your patronizing little note. I made the same conclusions as you did with your madskillz using google 6 hours ago. Do you then think I need this info? No? Then what is natural to do? Yes. Yes, exactly.

AT Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 11:04:34 CET

Original text of this message