Re: sum

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:35:06 -0800

"Michael Sterling" <> wrote in message <>...

> i'm trying to run a crystal report with a sum of a certain column of
> dollar amounts. the problem is that there are certain instances where
> some of the records are duplicated and unfortunately the duplicated
> dollar amount is added into the total at the end. i'd like to know how
> to prevent this from happening.

Now that you have seen what "denormalizing for performance" really gets you, get a new DBA and normalize your database.

Joe Foster <>  Sacrament R2-45 <>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!