Re: ANN - XDb

From: Andy Dent <dent_at_oofile.com.au.INVALID>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:42:08 +0800

In article <4b45d3ad.0311301442.31281a4e_at_posting.google.com>,  neo55592_at_hotmail.com (Neo) wrote:

> XDb is a small experimental database for Windows and Pocket PCs.
> For more info and an updated version, visit www.xdb1.com

Why doesn't http://www.xdb1.com/Basics/TDM.asp show OO as having the concepts of relationships?

It gives the impression you're trying to make your TDM model look better than others by omission, rather than giving a clear comparison.

How is it different from Mainstay's Phyla, eg: as reviewed at <http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/TidBITS-160.html> apart from the obvious aspect of being available as a callable DLL?

The GUI and ability to navigate down through a connected, possibly cyclic graph, just by opening successive levels in a tree are certainly similar.

I'm not saying you copied anything but (as I've often found!) other people have bright ideas too, hence the (now neglected?) test of "obviousness" in patent examination.

--
Andy Dent BSc  MACS  AACM
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows