Re: [help] main memory db

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:02:55 GMT

"Paul" <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie> wrote in message news:MPG.1a355f9b53cbbe9f989816_at_news1.eircom.net...

> I think that in memory dbs will start to become very common in the near
> future.

I think we'll start to hear a lot more hype about in-memory databases, yes. I'm not sure it'll be anything other than hype, though. To the best of my knowledge, many existing DBMS products use main memory just fine. It's just a question of tuning the parameters.

I don't see how failing if your database exceeds main memory size is a particular virtue.

Marshall Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 19:02:55 CET

Original text of this message