Re: Is mysql a RDBMS ?

From: Heikki Tuuri <Heikki.Tuuri_at_innodb.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:38:27 +0300

Morten,

"Morten Gulbrandsen" <Morten.Gulbrandsen_at_rwth-aachen.de> kirjoitti viestissä news:60ca69db.0308260525.1a48a6e4_at_posting.google.com...
> > Morten,

> Also creating mutually dependencies is nearly impossible,
> without first creating tables without any relationship,
> and then altering the tables to incorporate the relationship.
>
> I feel that My SQL is not prepared for ANSI SQL2 code,
> foreign keys and foreign table references is still
> 'foreign' to MySQL. With or without InnoDB;
>
> Please help,
> any workaround will be highly appreciated,
> 'actions' or 'triggers' instead of 'constraints' are most welcome.

I think triggers should come in MySQL-5.1 or 6.0. I am not sure when I will write support for ON DELETE SET DEFAULT. User demand for it has not been that big.

> Yours Sincerely
>
> Morten Gulbrandsen

Best regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for MySQL Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 16:38:27 CEST

Original text of this message