Re: Is mysql a RDBMS ?

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:45:01 -0700

"Jan Hidders" <jan.hidders_at_pandora.be> wrote in message news:rKv2b.87767$F92.9508_at_afrodite.telenet-ops.be...
> Was there already a discussion about XQuery? I wouldn't be suprised if in
> three or four years time we will be teaching our students no more SQL but
> only XQuery. It will be standardized, a lot of research is currently being
> done on optimizing it and it will be widely supported by commercial DBMSs
> and non-commercial ones alike. But if you think SQL is too complicated,
> well, ...

Welcome back, Jan.

I'm not sure I followed those arguments, to remember which side you were on. Depending on that, I'm not sure if you are sarcastic or serious here.

In my opinion, all what is requeired from relational (sorry, SQL;-) vendors is one or two spectacular XML failures, and this whole nonsence would be doomed. Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 00:45:01 CEST

Original text of this message