Re: new file system gnu gpl

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:03:05 -0400

"Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra" <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br> wrote in message news:pan.2003.08.23.16.19.17.793949_at_terra.com.br...
> Em Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:54:16 -0400, Bob Badour escreveu:
>
> > english; however, I cannot recall ever hearing an english speaker use
the
> > verb "to accede".
>
> Have you never discussed the English monarchy, as in when the
> present monarch acceded to the throne?
>
> OTOH leaves means getting out of, so leaves from an old idea
> could be springs from an old idea perhaps...

Perhaps I misspoke. I have never heard an English speaker speak the word, and I have 38 years of listening to English speakers all around me every day. Since no english monarch has acceded to the throne since before my birth, I have not had occasion to discuss the topic.

However, I doubt Germán intended anything to do with assuming office when he used the verb in his documentation. I suspect he meant the verb in the sense of consenting. I could be wrong, but then that just indicates how poorly the word communicates the intended meaning to english speakers.

I hope Germán takes my comments in the way I intended them: as a helpful suggestion to improve and clarify already excellent documentation.

Regards,
Bob Received on Sat Aug 23 2003 - 19:03:05 CEST

Original text of this message