Re: Hierarchy/Many to Many/Temporal data - MIND BENDER

From: --CELKO-- <joe.celko_at_northface.edu>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 10:47:17 -0700

>> On the skill representation, are you suggesting to use some sort of
path field [sic] to represent the skill hierarchy? Are there any good articles around that might suggest how I represent the skills with a Dewey system? <<

I have a chapter in DATA & DATABASES on the design of encoding schemes. I don't know if Robert Half or some other big employment agency already has such a code, but it will not be that bad to create for yourself: 1000's = programming languages, 2000's = operating systems, etc. Geek skills are a relatively small domain. Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:47:17 CDT