Re: Hellllp!

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:13:21 +0100

10001_john_smith_at_hotmail.com says...

> I discussed the idea of having a "Repairs" table linked to each row in
> Data where a repair has taken place, but that was rebutted with
> "dont be a fucking twat",

Does your boss know anything about programming db's?

Why not implement your idea behind the scenes?

> so anyway now he wants me to build a
> report that sums all the types of repairs in Rep1,2,3 and calculates
> their corresponding amounts. Eg:

> 5 A's 40
> 1 B 10
> etc for each repair code.

> Not an easy task, but can anyone have a go at this for me, I'm lost as
> to where to start.

I think that you'll have to iterate through the table (Data?) and keep track of as many sums as there are repair codes...

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04

p.s. just lacerated a tendon in left hand, so pls
excuse typos and tricky abbrevs - TIA.