Re: Mapping Hierarchical to OO

From: Troels Arvin <troels_at_arvin.dk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:44:42 +0200

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:40:18 -0700, MKumar wrote:

> Can anyone guide me how to extract object Oriented features from
> traditional hierarchical data model. I mean to say mapping of
> Hierarchical to OO data Model.

I'm not sure what you really want. But this book contains interesting stuff about data modeling, including creation of hierarchical models: http://www.artechhouse.com/default.asp?Frame=Book.asp&Book=1-58053-038-9&Continent=EU

I never knew so much could be done with outer joins...

It's not easy reading (and I need to read it again), but I haven't seen much other literature about the subject.

If I'm right about your being interested in hierarchical data processing/modeling, you may find this page useful:

http://troels.arvin.dk/links/rdbms/#hierarchical

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark