Re: Single Photon Data Types

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:19:28 -0400

"Dave Ulmer" <daveulmer_at_ccwebster.net> wrote in message news:bg9n1i$mdifa$1_at_ID-186663.news.uni-berlin.de...

> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message
> > "Dave Ulmer" <daveulmer_at_ccwebster.net> wrote in message
> > > Lets look at the data provided by a single photon:
> > >
> > > The photon has Energy or Intensity data
> > > The photon has Frequency or Color data
> > > The photon has Direction_in_Space (x,y,z) data
> > > The photon has Polarization data
> > >
> > > That's four data types. Did I miss any?
> >
> > Those are four properties not types. Other properties include: Mass,
> Volume,
> > Wavelength, Spin, Position, Amplitude, Intent
>
> Are you saying that properties are not data?

No, I am saying that type is one property of photon or of any other value, and photon's type is neither energy nor frequency nor direction nor polarization. While all of those are properties of photons, none of them is the type.

> > > Now what data types does a rock exhibit?
> >
> > Narcotic, Alkaloid, Drug, Chemical, Substance to name a few.
> >
> Could a rock exhibit a type of data that we call reflectivity?

Yes, reflectivity is one property of any Substance. Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 03:19:28 CEST

Original text of this message