Re: Urgent help

From: Cimarron Taylor <>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 14:45:16 -0700

> > order by BucketID
> Did you mean "group by"?

Yes - "order by" is a mistake.

> > For example, could the table contain the following data and how
> > would you want it presented?
> This was not a part of the original problem. Anybody able to write a query
> in "clean" scenario, could amend it to handle nulls.

Correct. However my "sample" data did not include nulls -- just a few empty character columns. If you include nulls, it increases the likelyhood that that the max() expression I proposed will not return the desired result.

This is another reason to start with a clear statement of assumptions about the input and output data.

Cim Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 23:45:16 CEST

Original text of this message