Re: Data folks

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 02:31:33 -0400

"Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3F02751F.8030104_at_earthlink.net...
> Bob Badour wrote:
> > "Juan Pardillos" <sicotom_at_eresmas.com> wrote:
> >>would someone please explain me what database people understand by
> >>"data folks"? I haven't heard that expression before...
> > Juan,
> >
> > I assume that you are reading some text and that english is a second
> > language for you. I suggest a more appropriate strategy for
understanding
> > unfamiliar english terms is to drop them into the text box at the top of
> > http://www.dictionary.com/
> >
> > It's not really appropriate to ask the folks at comp.databases.theory to
> > provide remedial lessons on colloquial english usage.
>
> Give him a break - it is a better quesstion than some we see here.

I gave him more than a break. I gave him a useful suggestion and a practical strategy that he can apply at any time to meet his needs without evoking snarky responses like Mikito's.

If Juan makes an effort to use the dictionary before coming here, he will ask the newsgroup for far fewer definitions, and he will be able to describe exactly why he finds each term confusing. I suspect that even Mikito would provide a genuinely helpful response if that were the case.

Instead of giving Juan a fish, I taught him to fish. What's your objection to that? Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 08:31:33 CEST

Original text of this message