Re: Database Builders, Code Generators, On-Topic?

From: andrewst <member14183_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:44:14 +0000

Originally posted by Daniel S. Guntermann
> "Kenneth Downs" wrote in message
> cury.downsfam.net[/url]...
> > Quoting unnamed sources, Bob Badour claimed:
> > > "Kenneth Downs" wrote in message
> k.ln_at_mercury.downsfam.net[/url]...
> have made a

> discussed here
> my days
> use a
> > > collection
> so forth.
> > >
> > > This sounds suspiciously like a system catalog.

> [snip]
>

> To me it sounds like you have created something similiar to one of
> the many
> functions of a CASE tool and CASE repository, particularly ones
> that provide
> focus on database modeling.

Agreed. As I read I keep thinking "that's what Oracle Designer does": it holds a catalog of all the tables etc. in an application, and can be used either to generate DDL to create a fresh copy, or to compare its definitions with the real schema and generate DDL to bring the schema in line with Designer's model. There are many similar products on the market.