2 way replication?

From: Walter L. Preuninger II <walterp_at_texramp.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 01:06:18 -0500

Sorry for the massive crosspost.

I have need of a free database that supports what I understand as 2 way replication. I have been looking at sleepycat's libdb which does support transactions and one way replication.

The specifics of what I want to do are as follows:

Initially, databases A, B and C are consistent (in sync). Database A runs on system A, B on B and C on C. For kicks and grins, database A is the master.

In libdb, database B and C are read only. I need database B and C to be read/write.

Updates on B must be replicated to A and C Updates on A must be replicated to B and C Updates on C must be replicated to A and B

I understand the confusion when an update occurs on B and C to the same record. In my application, simultaneous updates should not occur on B and C within a predefined time window.

Is there a free database that supports this. I have read up on postgres and find no reference to 2 way replication.

Thanks for any input or discussion you may provide.

Walter L. Preuninger II Received on Sat May 24 2003 - 08:06:18 CEST

Original text of this message