Re: Where did the ODMG (object data model group) organization go?

From: Mirch Masala <9rowzn01i_at_9rowzn01i.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:58:47 +0000 (UTC)

"D Guntermann" <guntermann_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEun9o.43u_at_news.boeing.com...
> Thank-you, Dr. Chaudhri:

Hi Daniel,

You recogised me :-O :-)

> Speaking of web-sites gone missing. Where did undercover elephant's web
> site go with its comprehensive list of links and resources?

I'm Mirch Masala these days :-)

After 8 years, I finally took the site down. What I found was that there was very little new OODB links to add, and others that kept changing or disappearing. Although I used Frontpage to manage the site (which meant that it was easy to check hyperlinks automatically), I felt it was time to shut-down the site. Should you be interested in the web pages for your personal use, let me know and I can zip them up and email to you.

Doug Bary still maintains a whole bunch of pages on OODBs. However, Doug has also diversified and moved away from OODBs as you can tell by his new book on Web services and the focus of his web site.

> I greatly enjoyed "Object Databases In Practice", by the way. Lot's of
> experience and practical issues for insight.

Many thanks for buying the book. It is still quite popular I believe. Sadly, I'm not sure what has happened to Mary Loomis. Last I heard she was at HP and then CommerceOne. Perhaps she has even retired.

> Thanks again,
>
> Daniel Guntermann

Best wishes,

akmal chaudhri Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 09:58:47 CEST

Original text of this message