Table / row lock strategy

From: Robert <grobert_at_azet.sk>
Date: 12 May 2003 02:36:37 -0700

Hi!

Is there any general, table/row and database independent lock strategy? I`m writing a web aplication in which one logical transaction goes through several JSP`s. To not to hold connection from database connection pool I pick up connection from pool on the first JSP retrieve data and then release connection back to the pool, so the session from the view of the database is over. Then throu several JSP`s data are processed using HTTP session object and just on the last JSP data need to be writen in database. Through all the time, all coresponding rows need to be locked. From the db engine view they are not because db session is over on the first screen.

Constraints to solution:
1. Releasing connection on first screen after retrieving data, thus closing database session.
2. not to put any extra column in the table with flag indicating that the coresponding row is locked.
3. not to lock whole table.

Thanks.
Robert Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 04:36:37 CDT