Re: "Transactions are bad, real bad" - discuss

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 02:44:49 GMT

I've gotten a bit lost with all the various things discussed on this thread.

Paul, I'm not sure if I understand you. Let me try saying it back. If I totally blow it, I apologize.

Is it that your objection to transactions is that they can stay open for a while? You don't object to multiple operations being bundled together atomically, is that right? So if you had a transaction-like mechanism that made several operations atomic, but that took place all in an instant, would that be okay?

Marshall Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 21:44:49 CDT