Decomposition Question

From: convo <member29171_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:26:26 +0000

When I have a universal relation schema like R = {A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J} and the following functional dependencies defined on R: AB->C; A->DE;B->F; F->GH; D->IJ.

How do I find a decomposition D1= {R1, R2, , Rn}, such that each Ri is in 3NF, and D1 has dependency-preserving property, but not lossless join property?