Re: Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

From: Kunle Odutola <noemails_at_replyToTheGroup.nospam.org>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:39:08 +0000 (UTC)

Neo wrote:
>>> In general, a graph is composed of binary relations.
>>> When a graph consists of only two nodes
>>> it may then be equivalent to a binary relation.
>>
>> A binary relation is a set of ordered pairs drawn from a common
>> domain.
>
> My personal definition of a binary relation is
> 'Two things that have something in common'.

Offering your personal (re-)definition of basic concepts in mathematics (I snipped your redefinition of the concept of graphs for brevity) is a counter-productive response. If we all began to re-define common concepts, I might label you "intelligent" and my personal definition of that term might be http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TrollDefinition.

If you're interested in finding out what a "binary relation" really is, Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=%22binary+relation%22

Cheers,

Kunle Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 16:39:08 CDT