Re: Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

From: Patrick Schaaf <mailer-daemon_at_bof.de>
Date: 03 May 2003 06:58:35 GMT

neo55592_at_hotmail.com (Neo) writes:

>> As to "the model used by the human brain", if you knew that, you'd be a
>> Nobel prize winner, and you wouldn't waste your time trolling
>> comp.database.theory :)

>I know you believe that the relational data model is the final/ultimate answer.
>I know you look down on anyone questioning your wisdom or searching for better.
>And I know you are wrong.

Your reply is second guessing the former poster, and formulated in an aggressive-suggestive 3-form. Abstractly, you say three things:

  1. something which a cursory reader may well approve of,
  2. something they may lean to approve of after nodding to A)
  3. a totally off-base remark "I know you are wrong", which is to be planted in readers heads. Readers who nodded to A) and B) are highly likely to nod to C), if only subconsciously.

I do not discuss with people who apply such tactics. So, don't expect any reply to the two postings you made in reply to mine.

World peace will be reached shortly.

HAND
  Patrick

--
I'm not a native speaker, but I play one on Usenet.