Re: XML extensions to SQL

From: Richard Wheeldon <richard_at_rswheeldon.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:59:32 +0100

Mikito Harakiri wrote:
> For example would the noncense like this
> SELECT XMLElement("Product",XMLAttributes(prod_id), ...
> ever see a day light?

I suggest you take a look at the papers by Eisenberg and Melton in Sigmod Record, if you want a quick overview to the progress. Iirc, there are representatives from both Microsoft and Oracle on the committee, so it's quite likely it'll be implemented in one form or another,

Richard Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 13:59:32 CDT