Re: Which Database Program For Me?

From: Barry <barryw_at_databaseanswers.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2003 01:06:56 -0700

"MHM49" <MHM49_at_ny.rr.com> wrote in message news:<IR2ma.2957$Up3.1726988_at_twister.nyc.rr.com>...
> HI THERE:
>
> Thought I'd ask this group.....
>
> Our Commercial Photography Business is 48yrs old.
>
> Can you reccommend a program that we could view our past Invoices and attach
> jpegs of our past work so that we can easily review them.
Your initial requirements look like a Database to store Invoices, JPEGs and link them. In passing, you probably should store the JPEG filename in the Database and not the JPEGs themselves.

I suggest that you consider playing with an online service which will store your data remotely on their server. This should be OK because you could select data which is not confidential to play with. Getting started like this would simplify the step from initial design to getting something up and running.
It would also allow you to apply your latent interest in hands-on work.

This is called 'proof of concept' in the trade and helps you to clarify the options, costs and benefits.

Here's a page on my Database Answers listing some online services :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/online_databases.htm

I have heard good things about Brinkster, so I suggest you start with them.

This would allow you to start free and then migrate to a paid-for business-oriented service, which would suit your situation perfectly.

Good luck

Barry Williams
Principal Consultant
Database Answers Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 10:06:56 CEST

Original text of this message