Which Database Program For Me?

From: MHM49 <MHM49_at_ny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 01:14:16 GMT

HI THERE: Thought I'd ask this group.....

Our Commercial Photography Business is 48yrs old.

We've always gone to the File Cabinet to pull out our past invoices (files contain about 10yrs worth....others are stashed away). Often times we wish to see what we charged in the past for similar work.

In addition, we then have to go to a seperate File Room to pull out the Film if we wish to see what the job looked like.

Can you reccommend a program that we could view our past Invoices and attach jpegs of our past work so that we can easily review them.

About 3/4 of our computers are on a server. But we don't really use the server functionality. It is just our method of sharing our DSL connection.

I am not opposed to purchasing a free standing server to accommodate this Database....as I assume it would be required.

We do all use FILEMAKER PRO, as stand alone "Address Book - Databases". Is this program appropriate to our new task?

Finally....help us to choose a program that doesn't require a major, custom installed, Database. I used to enjoy BASIC PROGRAMMING...years ago. I might like the challenge of setting up our Database w/ a pre-designed program.

Many thanks for your consideration.

RESPECTFULLY - MARK Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 03:14:16 CEST

Original text of this message