Re: PL/SQL Server Pages

From: John Russell <netnews5_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:33:05 GMT

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:30:57 -0400, Glenn Holliday <ghollida_at_kgo.csc.com> wrote:

>> "dany" <dharmendra_cbgr_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>I am a new bee to PL/SQL Server Pages, I have been Searching in the
>>>net from past 2hrs, didn&#8217;t found any useful study material. I
>>>will be very grateful, if anybody sending study material or useful
>>>links.
>
>I followed the link in the Oracle 9i docs from the PL/SQL manual
>to the "more information about PL/SQL Server Pages." It says Oracle
>has deprecated PL/SQL Server Pages and recommends everybody move
>away from them.

I think you are getting that mixed up with something else.

This page talks about changes in the way people should do JSPs (Java Server Pages), i.e. use iAS for them rather than the database:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adg01dev.htm#430493

Later in the same book is the material on PSPs (PL/SQL Server Pages), no deprecation there:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adgweb.htm#1002508

Probably the link in the PL/SQL Guide should go to the specific chapter on PSPs, rather than leaving people to fiddle around in the table of contents.

John

--
Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/