Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr20002_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:21:24 +1000

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:3e93372e_3_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr20002_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > Just so you know, and in total contrast to, er, a certain other poster
> here,
> > the owner of the site in question replied to me within 2 hours of my
> > contacting him (via the 'feedback' or 'contact me' link on his site, not
> > private email) to apologise, and inform me that he has removed the
> relevant
> > material. We part on good terms, I think, and the matter is closed and
> dealt
> > with.
> >
> > If only it could ever be thus.
> >
> Howard, PMFJI.
>
> Good. Well said. As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Hunter has acted honourably
> throughout.

I'll have to disagree with you there. There was no justification for the stream of abuse I received, here as well as in my email, when he was originally asked simply to remove the offending material. Not exactly honourable, at least.

The second incident (involving someone completely new) was resolved entirely as I had hoped Mr. Hunter's abuse of copyright would have been, but wasn't.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 00:21:24 CEST

Original text of this message