Re: student question

From: Barry <barryw_at_databaseanswers.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2003 08:47:53 -0800

Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:<3E891B5D.8070903_at_erols.com>...

> Joseph Gallegos wrote:

> > Hello all,
> >

> > I am in the process of trying to write a paper on a "enterprise/DB modeling
> > situation with which you are familiar" very vague I know but the problem is
> > that I work at a very small office, that really has no "network" or database
> > to speak of, so I really have no frame of reference to work from. Therefore,
> > I was just hoping that some of you knowledgeable people might give me a
> > suggestion or idea from which to start my paper.
There is a range of Data Models on this page of my Database Answers web site :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/index.htm

You could start with this Kick-Start ERP Model :-

   http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/erp/index.htm

If you aim to create a usable Enterprise Model, you should plan to have a top-level Model which captures the principal areas and then have Sub-Models for specific functional areas.

Good luck !!!

Barry Williams
Principal Consultant
Database Answers Received on Sat Apr 05 2003 - 18:47:53 CEST

Original text of this message