Re: The BOOLEAN data type

From: Lauri Pietarinen <lauri.pietarinen_at_atbusiness.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2003 06:37:09 -0800

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message

> Whether he wrote anything specific to databases is unknown to me, but he
> wrote tons of stuff applicable to databases including his most famous stuff
> like shortest path and critical sections/concurrency. In fact, I am sure
> almost everything he wrote could have some relevance to database management
> systems, since these systems generally comprise one or more program -- among
> other things.

What I was actually wondering was how come he has not realised the power and relevance of relational db theory to the things he strives for (simplicity, fighting complexity, elegance etc etc). At least
he does not mention the theory in his keynote. Do we have yet another programmer, who does not understand databases? ;-)

regards,
Lauri Pietarinen Received on Fri Apr 04 2003 - 16:37:09 CEST

Original text of this message