Re: Celko: short book on the nested sets model for trees.

From: macmac38 <member27634_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:33:53 +0000

Hello,

i am developing an CMS at the moment. I am using a navigation based on the "nested-sets" with php an mySQL. My problem is to create a linkbased navigation tree. I tried out a lot of sql-statements and php syntax but theres still this problem. I am working with a main table called "node".

with contains:

| node_id | root_id | payload | lft | rgt | level |

| 1 | 1 | Link1 | 1 | 2 |
| 1 |

etc...

So, the princip is: If you click on a link the sublinks(children) of this link should be shown but the links of the current level should still be there.

 Link1

    Sub 1
    Sub 2
 Link2
 Link3

 I have a navigation with a deep of 6 levels at the moment. Maybe  sombody has a solution for this?

I searched the web but it seems that everbody's using this "static" trees?

Greetings
Mark