DB design dilemma??

From: Manik Chandra Roy <manik_at_technohaven.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2003 20:21:31 -0800

Hello everybody,

First of all, I would thank you everyone who is reading this email.

Now, pls send your comments on the following things..

  • Database design **

I am working on designing a distributed database system using Oracle 9i for a retail company. Retail locations are on geographically different places. One central client program will be used to update prices, inventory, etc.

Presently, it is decided to use Oracle on every Linux machine on every location. And writing an Application Server program using C and Socket API, the "Retail client program" will be served. And the daemon Application Server
program will connect to databases according to the requests of the retail client program.

Is it practical to use database like that way or, Central database will be better?

Thanks

Manik Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 06:21:31 CEST

Original text of this message