The BOOLEAN data type

From: Troels Arvin <troels_at_arvin.dk>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 05:23:10 +0200

Hello,

It strikes me as odd that the BOOLEAN data type is not a core requirement in SQL:1999 while so many other esoteric features are.

Am I right in that it looks like SQL:200n will keep BOOLEAN out of the core?

I personally find boolean data types useful in many situations. What do the SQL standards-people dislike about the BOOLEAN type?

Anyways:
_When_ it's implemented, it's not clear to me which domain the type has. Are all the following values allowed?:

true
false
unknown
null

Does null equal unknown?

/Troels Received on Sat Mar 29 2003 - 21:23:10 CST