Re: Simple linking table question

From: Lennart Jonsson <lennart_at_kommunicera.umea.se>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 12:44:48 -0800

"Jon Maz" <jonmaz_at_surfeu.de.no.spam> wrote in message news:<b5noe9$i1m$1_at_news.online.de>...
> Good points, all. I might attempt to figure out a Word macro along the
> lines you suggest - it's certainly a nightmare editing SQL Server DDL by
> hand.
>
> Much appreciated,
>
> JON
Word might be good for certain things, however processing text is not one of them. I suggest you have a look at http://www.cygwin.com/. Cygwin is free and contains many usefull unix tools. To remove all "[" and "]" from a file, you could do something like:

    sed -e "s/\[//g" -e "s/\]//g" < junky.ddl > nifty.ddl

The syntax might look complicated at first sight, but once you get a grip of it you will wonder how on earth you even thought of starting Word to do things like that.

/Lennart Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 21:44:48 CET

Original text of this message