Re: Simple linking table question

From: Stephen <some.where_at_out.there>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:06:37 -0500

> >> stop using that silly "tbl-" prefix, it is driving me nuts. <<
>
> Just the other day in this forum someone was advising using Hungarian
> notation, I thought that's what I was doing. I'm beginning to suspect
that
> naming conventions is one of those areas where there's no agreement on
best
> practice...

What I would do (and could start doing) is come up with a standard, and publish it within your code via remarks.

For example, you could define form objects in several ways.

fMain1, foMain1, formMain1, Main1_form

etc.

eAge, edAge, editAge, Age_edit

etc.

Pick something and stick to it.

I've worked for two software development companies (one was ripping code apart, the other was putting code together) and both had different defs of what should be done and what shouldn't be done.

Myself, I've been coding for a few years, most of it self taught. I've got a few nuances that I use, that others dislike.

ts - Temporary String
rs - Record/Dataset
cmd - Command

It is ALWAYS a good idea to comment when comments can be added.

Looking at ts:string isn't gonna make a lot of sense to people, 'cept me. So ts:string; // Temporary String in a few places MIGHT come in handy. Put comments at the top or bottom. Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 23:06:37 CST