db design question

From: t <tomcolumbia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:42:16 GMT

I'm relatively new to db design. So I'm just gonna throw this out to yall:

I have the following database dependencies:

employees->->customers
customers->->plans
plans->->rooms
rooms->->codes

-a room only has one plan
-plan only has one customer
-a code only has one room

i am having trouble trying to normalize those relations.

would this be very far off design?

employees(*empID, username, etc)
customers(*custID, customerName, etc)

plans(*planID,custID,empID, planName, etc)
rooms(*roomID,planID, roomName, etc)
codes(*codeID,roomID, codeName)

this design allows me to keep track of which employee has what customer and plan. Since every plan is unique, rooms and codes can be retrieved as well.

if you need more information, don't hesitate to ask. i really appreciate the help. Received on Fri Mar 14 2003 - 13:42:16 CST