Re: Tabe Relationship

From: cose <news-kk_MAKNI__at__OVO_purger.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:30:10 +0100

Dana Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:29:48 -0000, "john" <nospam_at_nospam.com> rece:

>I am creating a web site which will have different types of users:
>Administrators, clients and staff. Is it possible/good practice to have 3
>tables related to one table i.e.
>

> USER
> user_id (PK)
> |
> ____________|____________
> | | |
> | | |
>Administrator Client Staff
>admin_id(PK) client_id(PK) staff_id(PK)
>user_id(FK) user_id(FK) user_id(FK)
>
>Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

I prefer using one table for all users and assigning them different roles (either as a field in the table, or separate table with userID/roleID fields).

--

Kresimir Kos

"I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change"