From: Lauri Pietarinen <lauri.pietarinen_at_atbusiness.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:36:05 +0200

Steve Kass wrote:

> and easily into the optimized result you desire.
> Why do you blame bags here when you should blame
> the programmer who believes this question to be represented
> by
> SELECT P#, PNAME
> FROM V_S_SP_P;
> ??

Listen, I am trying to make things _easier_ for my programmers and end users. I am hiding the complexity of the underlying tables. Are you saying that I should not be able to do this? You think each individual user and programmer should necessarily be always exposed to underlying complexity???

Please note that I even accepted that the user must remember to give DISTICT. Not even in that case did SQLServer know how to optimize the
query properly.

regards,
Lauri Pietarinen Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 08:36:05 CET

Original text of this message