Re: Field naming: Same name represents different data

From: Lee Cichanowicz <cichanowicz_l_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:54:38 -0500

> >> That is just what I was seeking! [ISO-11179] <<
>
> I am going to look into some vendor conventions about postfixes like
> "_id", "_code", "_date", etc. Teradata has an internal set of
> conventions with definitions and I'll bet other people do too. Now,
> we jnly have to get them into ISO-11179 and approved ....

Will that be the easy part or the hard part compared to trying to teach all the old dogs the new trick? :]

> >> I may be new, but I recognize your name, <<
>
> It's that damn "serial killer" thing again, isn't it? Eat one,
> little, tiny baby and that's all people remember about you! You don't
> even have to finish all of it!! :))

I beg your pardon, sir. I had confused you with the Celko who invented the surrogate key. As for the baby-eating Celko, it must have been a depression-era citizen who made the big stink about not finishing your meal; I have a grandfather like that. :] Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 03:54:38 CET

Original text of this message