Home -> Community -> Usenet -> comp.databases.theory -> Re: Extending my question. Was: The relational model and relational algebra - why did SQL become the industry standard?

From: Daniel S. Guntermann <guntermann_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:27:40 GMT

Ok. Thank you for the clarification. I realize the whole point of the discussion is that SQL does allow for bags in base, derived/intermediate tables....It probably is a very good thing to understand the side affects that occur with bag algebra since we probably use it more than we know, though I personally try to avoid it. As others have stated, that is probably why the Stanford trio address the issue explicitly.