Bit Field Set Intersections

From: Ian Upright <ian-news_at_upright.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:35:51 GMT

Hi.. I'm looking for descriptions on algorithms that deal with optimizing large set intersections.. Lets say I have Set A, B, and C, and they are huge Sets, but I want to intersect them against each other and get back the result of the elements that are common between each of the sets. The Sets would be implemented with some kind of tree structure, etc.

I would like to find any papers, books, or other references of information leading to discussing the implementation and/or algorithms of highly-optimized large set intersections. I've heard of this referred as bitfield set intersections, but I've had trouble finding any references to papers on it, etc..

Thanks muchly,

Ian

---
http://www.upright.net/ian/