Re: Generate Random SQL...

From: Bob Hairgrove <rhairgroveNoSpam_at_Pleasebigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:23:21 GMT

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:57:51 GMT, "Paul Wo" <pwolmering_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I'm in need of a program that will generate random SQL statements
>(Select/Insert/Update/Delete) based on bound conditions; DDL, # of joins, #
>of expressions, etc.
>
> Has anyone built such a beast and/or know where one might exist?
>
> Why: I need to stress an application by testing large volumes of SQL
>statements against a couple of the major databases. And it'll take me too
>long to create such a program.

I hope you'll excuse me for saying this, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

There are some well-known test suites out there, though ... I believe one is called "crashme" or something like that. Might want to take a look before re-inventing the wheel. Look on Google ... maybe someone here has a link?

Bob Hairgrove
rhairgroveNoSpam_at_Pleasebigfoot.com Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 20:23:21 CET

Original text of this message