Re: modelling history in a database

From: Alan Gutierrez <ajglist_at_izzy.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:53:34 GMT

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jan Marten Visser wrote:

> In the database I am designing right now, are a few entities of which
> every change has to be recorded. In other words: i have to be able to
> reset to any moment in the past. Think of it as a kind of version
> control.
>
> I am wondering if any of you now any literature/papers about how to
> model history in an rdbms.

Yesterday, the postman brought me Developing Time-Oriented Database Applications in SQL, by Richard T. Snodgrass. I've not read it yet. It was recommended by the group.

I'd be interested to hear about any other materials you find, since I am pursuing a similar course of study.

Alan Gutierrez - ajglist_at_izzy.net Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 15:53:34 CET

Original text of this message