Re: FoxPro to Access Conversion

From: Bernard Peek <bap_at_shrdlu.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:02:41 +0000

In message <2329685.1041282093_at_dbforums.com>, elliottabrams <member_at_dbforums.com> writes

>I have a database program custom written in foxpro 2.6 for DOS and would
>like to convert it to run in Access under Windows. Is there a
>conversion program to convert the prg and data files to the equivalent
>in Access? I hope to minimize any additional programming.

The data is easy. You can link Foxpro tables to an Access database and manipulate them in Access. You might prefer to create a series of views in Access rather than writing your Access code to work directly on the Foxpro tables. It will give you the chance to restructure the data if you need to, and to expand column names into something more descriptive.

--
Bernard Peek
bap_at_shrdlu.com

In search of cognoscenti