Re: Conditional Relationships ?

From: Erland Sommarskog <sommar_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:32:20 -0800

Henry Craven (GospodynNiemandt_at_nyet.net) writes:
> My thanks for the reference to CREATE ASSERTION
> I'd never heard of it and will follow it up.

The reason you have not heard of it simple: it is not available in SQL Server. Joe Celko does not really care what people are actually using, but he always posts in SQL-92, because he was on that committee. For some reason he thinks that code that does not compile is more portable than code that actually does...

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar_at_algonet.se
I support PASS - the definitive global community for SQL Server