Re: QUESTION: List array, graph or network model support DB

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:10:30 GMT

--CELKO-- wrote:

> >> RDBMS does not support lists, arrays and graphs, or network models.
> <<
>
> I don't think I understand your question.
>
> By definition, you use tables to represent your data in an RDBMS. You
> can look at IMS for a heirarchical model database, or IDMS for a
> network model database. Both are widely used commercially.

And Oracle DBMS - formerly DEC DBMS -a network model database which runs on OpenVMS also is used commercially. In fact it is the database that Intel uses to run the assembly lines for making all of it's semiconductor products.

--
Regards,

Michael Austin            OpenVMS User since June 1984
First DBA Source, Inc.    Registered Linux User #261163
Sr. Consultant            http://www.firstdbasource.com