Re: Normalizing the ER model

From: Costin Cozianu <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:21:06 -0800

Greg Boland wrote:
> Really? Can you give an example of an ER diagram that is in some normal form
> and for which the straightforward mapping to the relational model is not in
> the same normal form?
> <clipped>
>
> Jan,
>
> I'm saying there is no such thing as an ERD in first, second, third or any
> form in the context we're discussing. What don't you understand? In this
> discussion you are revealing what you don't know.
>
> Greg

Greg,

It is time to give Jan a break, and go get some book to study. Make sure you get a good one :)

I'm sure Jan is willing to help you with whatever you don't understand, including giving examples, and spoon feeding you basic computer science over the usenet, as he did for many others.

But you'll have to learn how to ask. Saying "please" can help.

Costin Received on Sat Dec 07 2002 - 09:21:06 CET

Original text of this message