Re: Other tree representations in SQL

From: Damjan S. Vujnovic <damjan_at_NOSPAMgaleb.etf.bg.ac.yu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:44:00 +0100

"--CELKO--" wrote:
: >> I'm still working on the solution when representing binary trees
: with
:
: (inorder_traversal_sequence_number, level) <<
:
: I cannot send my manuscript to my publisher untilyou finish doing all
: my work for me :)

I liked the topic, definitely different from "driver is-a person", "book has-a copy", "Killing-me-softly-with-standard-ER-model-constructs" and similar stuff... Since I find bandwidth quite precious resource, I've set a little draft version of my digitalized thoughts (as well as cut&paste parts of this thread) about the topic at:

http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~damjan/trees/intro.html

I took into consideration inorder representation of binary trees, and gave some additional explanation about postorder representation.

regards,
Damjan S. Vujnovic

University of Belgrade
School of Electrical Engineering
Department of Computer Engineering & Informatics Belgrade, Yugoslavia

http://rti7020.etf.bg.ac.yu/~damjan/

P.S. I hope you notified a little error in SQL in your first post (when selecting all ancestors - T2 instead of T1). Received on Fri Dec 06 2002 - 15:44:00 CET

Original text of this message