Looking for a special kind of book...

From: John Collins <rtr_at_fjf.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:30:43 GMT

I am getting a pretty good grasp of data modeling. I am getting a pretty good grasp of sql.

Problem: I can't find a book that actually gives examples of how to translate er model into sql. By this I mean I don't know exactly how to create the correct tables.

 A lot of books give a *few* examples. I'm using a book by Torey(?). I don't have the book handy so I can't exactly remember the title. That book gives a decent number of good examples, but I need something more systematic and complete.

For example, if I have an aggregate entity, exactly what kind of table should I create? You don't have to answer that, I just want to give you an example of what I'm looking for. Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 15:30:43 CET

Original text of this message