Re: Help! I can't support normalization

From: Lauri Pietarinen <lauri.pietarinen_at_atbusiness.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:51:25 +0200

>I'm often having to programatically create tables containing integers
>1 to 100 say, it would be good if this was built-in so I could just do
>"SELECT integer FROM domain_integer WHERE integer BETWEEN 1 AND 100".

Just as an aside you might be interested in reading an old article by Hugh Darwen:
A constant friend. In Relational Database Writings 1985-1989 by C. J. Date, pages 493500.

It proposes a table called TableNum with just one column containing integers from 1 to ....
It also has some proposed applications.

Now, would such a table be a virtual or a real one??

regards,
Lauri Pietarinen Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:51:25 CET

Original text of this message