Normalization: primary key or any key

From: Juan Pardillos <sicotom_at_eresmas.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 09:23:25 -0800

Hi,

I've read several texts about normalization. Sometimes, the "primary key" term is used to establish the normal forms constraints. However, other times only "key" is used. I think the second one is the right one, as it doesn't matter if the determinant of a functional dependency is the primary key or any other possible key in the relation.

Am I right?. Please, clarify me this little question I have.

Thanks in advance Received on Sun Nov 17 2002 - 11:23:25 CST